☆S.H.E & Fahrenheit Fans Unite☆


 
HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hanakimi1912
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 19
Location : Philippines
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Sat May 03, 2008 1:25 am


hello people!
i want everybody to cooperate..
learning is fun!(isn't it??)
so i made this so we could benefit from each other
(it's like a symbiosis - mutualism)
i would like each and everyone of us to help each other in learning some mandarin words..honestly, i don't know anything mandarin and i want to help others, who are fans of these groups, to know and to learn some. so please help each other, teach each other and treat each other like brothers and sisters..i hope that you will not snob this, it's not just me who is learning but lots of people around the world. don't be selfish. be thankful to the Creator that you have such knowledge. you can show your gratitude to Him by sharing some blessings, knowledge and talents that you have.

i wonder who will make the first post? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wu ji zun *fan
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 3
Age : 28
Location : philippines
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Thu May 08, 2008 2:14 pm

sorry! i only know a few mandarin words! *some came from songs*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shefahrenheit.withme.us
boringq
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 9
Location : christchurch, New Zealand
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Thu May 08, 2008 6:51 pm

i wud love to help but i'm only learning now to and i agree with hanakimi1912 with this wud be a great learning opportunity for people al around the world to learn something new or help others to learn something new Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caixin
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 23
Age : 32
Location : Taiwan
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Fri May 09, 2008 5:41 am

Ok...I can help everyone here learn Mandarin! I guess I will start with the basics...like how to introduce yourself and where you are from etc...

To introduce yourself in Mandarin :

Ni hao (hello)...

Wo jiao (I am called) OR Wo de ming zi shi (my name is)...

Then your name hehe...(example Sun Cai Xin my Chinese name)

Wo shi (I am) ying guo ren (English) OR Wo cong ying guo lai de (I come from England)...

Ok here is a list of vocabulary used for this lesson hehe...

I - Wo
My - Wo de
You - Ni
Name - Ming Zi
To be called - Jiao
To be - Shi
Cong - from
Lai (de) - come
Cong...Lai de - come from...

List of country names in Mandarin:

United States - Mei Guo (beautiful country)
China - Zhong Guo (Middle country)
United Kingdom/England - Ying guo (Hero country)
Singapore - Xin Jia Po
Malaysia - Ma Lai Xi Ya
Brunei - Wen Lai
Australia - Ao Da Li Ya
New Zealand - Xin Xi Lan
Taiwan - Tai Wan

Hope this helps...if you need anything translating or want to know how to say something let me know ok em44 em48 em46
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wretch.cc/blog/jcsin12
babyshae4218
Junior
Junior
avatar

Number of posts : 65
Age : 22
Location : Philippines
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Fri May 09, 2008 3:45 pm

thanks for sharing those words... em30

hahaha.. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hanakimi1912
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 19
Location : Philippines
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Mon May 12, 2008 2:27 pm

caixin wrote:
Ok...I can help everyone here learn Mandarin! I guess I will start with the basics...like how to introduce yourself and where you are from etc...

To introduce yourself in Mandarin :

Ni hao (hello)...

Wo jiao (I am called) OR Wo de ming zi shi (my name is)...

Then your name hehe...(example Sun Cai Xin my Chinese name)

Wo shi (I am) ying guo ren (English) OR Wo cong ying guo lai de (I come from England)...

Ok here is a list of vocabulary used for this lesson hehe...

I - Wo
My - Wo de
You - Ni
Name - Ming Zi
To be called - Jiao
To be - Shi
Cong - from
Lai (de) - come
Cong...Lai de - come from...

List of country names in Mandarin:

United States - Mei Guo (beautiful country)
China - Zhong Guo (Middle country)
United Kingdom/England - Ying guo (Hero country)
Singapore - Xin Jia Po
Malaysia - Ma Lai Xi Ya
Brunei - Wen Lai
Australia - Ao Da Li Ya
New Zealand - Xin Xi Lan
Taiwan - Tai Wan

Hope this helps...if you need anything translating or want to know how to say something let me know ok em44 em48 em46

i thought no one would reply to my topic. thank you so much! please continue to share your knowledge with us. have a nice and blessed day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hanakimi1912
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 19
Location : Philippines
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Mon May 12, 2008 2:29 pm

boringq wrote:
i wud love to help but i'm only learning now to and i agree with hanakimi1912 with this wud be a great learning opportunity for people al around the world to learn something new or help others to learn something new Smile
thank you for agreeing with me. i also want to help people and as for me, i also like to learn. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hanakimi1912
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 19
Location : Philippines
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Mon May 12, 2008 2:31 pm

wu ji zun *fan wrote:
sorry! i only know a few mandarin words! *some came from songs*
it's okay. at least you speak your mind. saying the truth is always right. unlike others who just keep their mouth shut. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hanakimi1912
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 19
Location : Philippines
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Mon May 12, 2008 2:33 pm

could you tell me how to put a picture? Very Happy
thank you in advance! i will appreciate it very much if you'll reply to this..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hanakimi1912
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 19
Location : Philippines
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Mon May 12, 2008 2:37 pm

caixin,do you know how to translate english names to mandarin?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asterosey
Learner
Learner
avatar

Number of posts : 297
Age : 22
Location : cebu city,philippines
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Thu May 15, 2008 8:22 pm

hi! tnak you sooooooo much! Very Happy i love it! now i know a little bit of mandarin!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://asterosey.multiply.com
caixin
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 23
Age : 32
Location : Taiwan
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Sat May 17, 2008 5:23 am

hanakimi1912 wrote:
caixin,do you know how to translate english names to mandarin?

Sure I can have a go!!! Hehe!! Lesson two coming soon ok...stay tuned! em39
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wretch.cc/blog/jcsin12
hanakimi1912
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 19
Location : Philippines
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Sat May 17, 2008 2:29 pm

caixin wrote:


Sure I can have a go!!! Hehe!! Lesson two coming soon ok...stay tuned! em39

ok! thank you very much!Smile)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babyshae4218
Junior
Junior
avatar

Number of posts : 65
Age : 22
Location : Philippines
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Sat May 17, 2008 10:12 pm

thank you very much.. i am so excited about the nxt lesson...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asterosey
Learner
Learner
avatar

Number of posts : 297
Age : 22
Location : cebu city,philippines
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Sun May 18, 2008 1:47 pm

*no-bu
*yes-shide
*when?-shen me shi hou?
*goodmorning-zao shang hao
*goodbye-zai jian
*what's your name?-ni jiao shen me ming zi?
*how are you?-ni hao ma?
*i am fine,and you?-wo hen hao, ni ne?
*thank you-xie xie
*your welcome-huan ying nin / bu yong xie
*how much (money)?- duo shao qian?
*how long?- duo chang
*can you speak slowly?- nin neng jiang de zai man xie ma?
*i cannot speak chinese fluently- wo de zhong wen jiang de bi tai hao
*welcome to-huan ying dao
*i'm bored-zhen wu liao
*i cant understand you- wo bu tai ming bai nin de yi si
*who-shei
*how is it going-jin lai zen yang
*what's up-zen me le
*what should i do- zen me ban
*see you-zai jian
*take care-bao zhong
*where are you from-ni cong na li lai
*how do you do-nin hao
*how old are you-nin duo da le
* (name) is a friend of mine- (name) shi wo de yi ge peng you
*help your self-qing sui bian
*no way-bu ke neng
*she-ta



hope you learn something..... i just search it in the internet.....i just want to share my blessings..(hehehe) well i dont know how to speak mandarin thats why i searched in the internet....


i really want to learn chinese so thats why i will really study hard so that someday i will work in taiwan.... i will also study chinese....


* try and try until you succed! *


may-pag.asa pa kaU! may-pag.asa pa taU!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://asterosey.multiply.com
babyshae4218
Junior
Junior
avatar

Number of posts : 65
Age : 22
Location : Philippines
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Tue May 20, 2008 10:49 pm

asterosey wrote:
*no-bu
*yes-shide
*when?-shen me shi hou?
*goodmorning-zao shang hao
*goodbye-zai jian
*what's your name?-ni jiao shen me ming zi?
*how are you?-ni hao ma?
*i am fine,and you?-wo hen hao, ni ne?
*thank you-xie xie
*your welcome-huan ying nin / bu yong xie
*how much (money)?- duo shao qian?
*how long?- duo chang
*can you speak slowly?- nin neng jiang de zai man xie ma?
*i cannot speak chinese fluently- wo de zhong wen jiang de bi tai hao
*welcome to-huan ying dao
*i'm bored-zhen wu liao
*i cant understand you- wo bu tai ming bai nin de yi si
*who-shei
*how is it going-jin lai zen yang
*what's up-zen me le
*what should i do- zen me ban
*see you-zai jian
*take care-bao zhong
*where are you from-ni cong na li lai
*how do you do-nin hao
*how old are you-nin duo da le
* (name) is a friend of mine- (name) shi wo de yi ge peng you
*help your self-qing sui bian
*no way-bu ke neng
*she-ta



hope you learn something..... i just search it in the internet.....i just want to share my blessings..(hehehe) well i dont know how to speak mandarin thats why i searched in the internet....


i really want to learn chinese so thats why i will really study hard so that someday i will work in taiwan.... i will also study chinese....


* try and try until you succed! *


may-pag.asa pa kaU! may-pag.asa pa taU!



kewl.. two teachers... hahaha... thanks.. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
meady1546
Junior
Junior
avatar

Number of posts : 122
Age : 23
Location : Philippines
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Wed May 21, 2008 1:18 am

wow!!...it looks fun here!!..
check out this site!!..
chinese-tools.com

..there sure lot of mandarin words you can know!!...
..just like asterosey.. i also search the internet and i found this website...
..you can also listen to the audio to know how to pronounce some words...
..and they also have a name translator!!...i tried it and it's good!!..
..there's lot more on the website!.. Wink

..hope this will help you guys!!.. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
meady1546
Junior
Junior
avatar

Number of posts : 122
Age : 23
Location : Philippines
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Wed May 21, 2008 1:36 am

...here are some tips of pronouncing some words!!...

*d- like "d" in "bed"
*j- like "g" in "genius"
*z- like "ds" in "beds"
*zh- like "j" in "jobs"
*b- like "p" in "spin"
*g- a soft unaspirated "k" sound
*x- like "sh" in "sheep" but with the corners of the lips drawn back
*r- somewhat like "r" in "rain"
*p- like "p" in "pope"
*t- like "t" in "tap"
*k- like "k" in "kangaroo"
*q- harder than "ch" in "cheap"
*c- like "ts" in "cats"
*ch- tongue curled back aspirated

..like what i said!..got it from the website i found!!...check it out!!.. Wink em11 em24 em06
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hanakimi1912
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 19
Location : Philippines
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Thu May 22, 2008 5:12 pm

asterosey wrote:
*no-bu
*yes-shide
*when?-shen me shi hou?
*goodmorning-zao shang hao
*goodbye-zai jian
*what's your name?-ni jiao shen me ming zi?
*how are you?-ni hao ma?
*i am fine,and you?-wo hen hao, ni ne?
*thank you-xie xie
*your welcome-huan ying nin / bu yong xie
*how much (money)?- duo shao qian?
*how long?- duo chang
*can you speak slowly?- nin neng jiang de zai man xie ma?
*i cannot speak chinese fluently- wo de zhong wen jiang de bi tai hao
*welcome to-huan ying dao
*i'm bored-zhen wu liao
*i cant understand you- wo bu tai ming bai nin de yi si
*who-shei
*how is it going-jin lai zen yang
*what's up-zen me le
*what should i do- zen me ban
*see you-zai jian
*take care-bao zhong
*where are you from-ni cong na li lai
*how do you do-nin hao
*how old are you-nin duo da le
* (name) is a friend of mine- (name) shi wo de yi ge peng you
*help your self-qing sui bian
*no way-bu ke neng
*she-ta



hope you learn something..... i just search it in the internet.....i just want to share my blessings..(hehehe) well i dont know how to speak mandarin thats why i searched in the internet....


i really want to learn chinese so thats why i will really study hard so that someday i will work in taiwan.... i will also study chinese....


* try and try until you succed! *


may-pag.asa pa kaU! may-pag.asa pa taU!
thank you for your effort! you've searched the internet just to give us some information..arigato!--thank you in japanese..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deserina06
Junior
Junior
avatar

Number of posts : 66
Age : 26
Location : Quezon City, Philippines
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:06 am

wow! i can't believe that ur really teaching chinese here! Very Happy
i thought that no one would really like chinese subjects since in our school everyone tends to sleep during chinese class hours Laughing

i want to help here but i don't know what to write coz' so far as i browse in here every basic word is already there the remaining ones are the hard words that needs meaning and needs "sound" or in chinese we say "ying kai you jie shi he kuo yin"

it will be faster to learn chinese once you have learned the four basic pronunciation..which are the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th pronunciation or in chinese these are "ti yi sheng"(which is the one that is plain and smooth) "ti ri sheng" (with voice like going up) "ti san sheng" (with voice doing like a curve way) and "ti si sheng" (with voice going down)

once you learn how to pronounce this well u wold be able to talk a little of chinese Smile and always remember u need to learn this pronunciation first coz' in chinese there are word that have same pronunciation but different meaning Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cindysy15.multiply.com/
GodGurl25
Junior
Junior
avatar

Number of posts : 84
Location : Caloocan, Metro Manila PH
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:19 am

Thank you for teaching guys. I really want to learn Chinese... hm...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asterosey
Learner
Learner
avatar

Number of posts : 297
Age : 22
Location : cebu city,philippines
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:08 pm

deserina06 wrote:
wow! i can't believe that ur really teaching chinese here! Very Happy
i thought that no one would really like chinese subjects since in our school everyone tends to sleep during chinese class hours Laughing

i want to help here but i don't know what to write coz' so far as i browse in here every basic word is already there the remaining ones are the hard words that needs meaning and needs "sound" or in chinese we say "ying kai you jie shi he kuo yin"

it will be faster to learn chinese once you have learned the four basic pronunciation..which are the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th pronunciation or in chinese these are "ti yi sheng"(which is the one that is plain and smooth) "ti ri sheng" (with voice like going up) "ti san sheng" (with voice doing like a curve way) and "ti si sheng" (with voice going down)

once you learn how to pronounce this well u wold be able to talk a little of chinese Smile and always remember u need to learn this pronunciation first coz' in chinese there are word that have same pronunciation but different meaning Smile

WOW...good 4 u...u have chinese lessons....hahay!!
we dont have chinese lessons....Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://asterosey.multiply.com
deserina06
Junior
Junior
avatar

Number of posts : 66
Age : 26
Location : Quezon City, Philippines
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:19 pm

asterosey wrote:
WOW...good 4 u...u have chinese lessons....hahay!!
we dont have chinese lessons....Sad

yah good for me.....but as for me being a chinese citizen i thought i was unlucky though...coz in our school we need to memorize every single word that our teacher is saying without even writing on it in a piece of paper...

i really just found out how universal chinese is and i'm really happy that there are people who appreciates it and are willing to learn it even if it is hard haha:lol!:

i'll be posting some chinese words that might help you all when your talking to some one (e.g. chinese tourists) i'll be working on it na Laughing i'm really happy to help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cindysy15.multiply.com/
hannah claire
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 21
Location : near ella and wu chun, Philippines
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:07 pm

wOw !!!! you guys are so sweet and cool . . . this is so much fun . . . i also want to learn how to speak mandarin and how to understand it . . . i never thought that we have a portion for this . . . !!!! i'm about to cry now . . . xie xie !!!! hehehe . . . lol! em18
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hannah claire
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 21
Location : near ella and wu chun, Philippines
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:11 pm

caixin wrote:
Ok...I can help everyone here learn Mandarin! I guess I will start with the basics...like how to introduce yourself and where you are from etc...

To introduce yourself in Mandarin :

Ni hao (hello)...

Wo jiao (I am called) OR Wo de ming zi shi (my name is)...

Then your name hehe...(example Sun Cai Xin my Chinese name)

Wo shi (I am) ying guo ren (English) OR Wo cong ying guo lai de (I come from England)...

Ok here is a list of vocabulary used for this lesson hehe...

I - Wo
My - Wo de
You - Ni
Name - Ming Zi
To be called - Jiao
To be - Shi
Cong - from
Lai (de) - come
Cong...Lai de - come from...

List of country names in Mandarin:

United States - Mei Guo (beautiful country)
China - Zhong Guo (Middle country)
United Kingdom/England - Ying guo (Hero country)
Singapore - Xin Jia Po
Malaysia - Ma Lai Xi Ya
Brunei - Wen Lai
Australia - Ao Da Li Ya
New Zealand - Xin Xi Lan
Taiwan - Tai Wan

Hope this helps...if you need anything translating or want to know how to say something let me know ok em44 em48 em46



---wOw !!! it may seem late, but, xie xie ni !!! that's so thoughtful of you . . . how i wish i can understand mandarin too . . . this is a lot of help, especially for those who rarely understand mandarin . . . big hug to you !!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other   

Back to top Go down
 
Sharing and learning mandarin words with each other
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» words within words
» Installing Windows 10? TURN OFF DATA SHARING!!!!!
» So you want to code ? - Learning Resources
» regular-expressions-pattern-matching-for-censoring-words
» milk to share

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
☆S.H.E & Fahrenheit Fans Unite☆ :: +Message Zone+ :: -[Fans Messages]--
Jump to: